Monday, May 26, 2008
Question: Is it more water efficient if we switched on the tap at a lower/smaller flow than compared to a larger flow? If it was a smaller flow, then time taken to wash our hands is longer, does that mean less water is being used since it’s technically flowing less water?! Or does that mean since we take longer to wash our hands, more water is being used to wash it? (does this question even make sense?!)
Something that brightened my day – this morning as I stepped on the bus, I looked up to smile at the driver (find myself doing that quite often these days…) and he pre-empt me by saying a cheery “good morning!”. I had my ipod shuffle plugged into my ear but I could still hear the cheeriness behind his words. I bet he wasn’t expecting that I would reply him. BUT! I said a good morning back in my sexy phlegm infested voice. ^_^ I went off to look for a seat with a smile on my face! Btw, it was on bus 166. When I reached my destination, I had wanted to thank him, but many pple started coming up and I saw that he greeted everyone who boarded his bus. However, in true Singaporean fashion, everyone just walked past him. Sigh! When can
Some quotes that I found extremely aligned with life:
“I just want her to be happy” // “Said by a pussy and used by pussies ever since.” – Made of Honor
I can't remember what did prof oxsley said at the end of Indiana Jones but it's something to this effect: "Much time is spent/wasted waiting"
1 leaping turtles:
hahaha.. it's the lifestyle here I guess.. lky wants us to be a super hardworking population which has it's points.. it will be hard but not impossible to make us all polite..
with many pple having only their own money to earn and mouths to feed on their mind.. we can tell them it's better to be courteous but they'll just bump us of as immature youth who dun know the real world out there..
what to do.. no oil no water no gas no land no agricultural no minerals.. grumpy pple..
but kudos to you lah.. by taking the first step.. you'll pass it on I'm very sure.. =) even I sometimes also taken aback then dun know wanna greet back not cuz so sudden.. not used to it lah.. but if others greet back then after awhile I'll get used to it too.. spread the chillax man.. hahaha..
Post a Comment